lunes, noviembre 20, 2006

Memories.

April 17th, 1991

Last sunday, when I was coming back from church I met 3 beautiful blondies from England. They were looking into a map to find out how to get "El Museo de Petare". I asked them kindly: "May I help you?". Then they said whatever wanted and I offered myself to be their tourist guide for free.
We left the Metro station and led to that spot. I showed her as much as I could and let them sight-visit my house too. After that, we share information so we could meet another day at their hotel and I left because I was hungry.

I visited them just when a couple were leading to Colombia by bus. Kathy was waiting for me. We went to Las Mercedes and spent a long and nice weekend together, with the promise of going to "El Avila" for camping next days. When the appointed day came -a friday afternoon- she appeared at my house´s door 20 minutes before a were gone to school.

-Antal, I can´t go with you because I´m sick with a virus, and almost fainted at the metro station.
- Don´t say that! How badly do you feel?
- I will not die, but the doctor I saw recommended me to rest and this medicine. Sorry! I can´t go.
-That´s too bad, but come in, please!

We went upstairs and Kathy talked to my mother, trying to explain what her broken Spanish could not help... I asked her to stay home untill my return at evening, because I had classes. My mother´s house had an empty room she could use.

-When are you coming?
-Any moment over 7 pm. but don´t worry and wait for me here, because you will not be looked after at any hotel in that condition.

She looked at me with tendedr eyes, thinking the thing in front of me. Shaking her head she took her belongings and back pack and went downstairs.

-Antal, I think this would be too much trouble for you.
-Kathy! If this were so I wouldn´t offer you my help... You don´t have friends here... Go that bedroom and I knock you when I come... NO! I meant, I just knock at the door at my return.
-Yes! It was that what I thought you meant.

Finally I left my house and got my classroom. When I came in there was a new teacher I never saw. He was thin and popeyed, replacing the nice girl we normally had. I concluded my teacher Elisa felt homesick that day, but we enjoyed that class and I met new friends at the school.

When I came back home at evening, knocked at Kathy´s door. She had high fever and when I called my mother for help, she recommended her to take a shower. Kathy avoided to be an inconvenient while I was out and that is why my mother thought she was getting well alone in our empty bedroom. While we were walking the stairs up to the bathroom, Kathy turned around and catched me looking at her ass. She was wearing a pink underwear. I felt embarrassed inwardly because of her turning surprise, so I smiled looking at her face, trying to hide the inner shame because I wasn´t thinking about sex, I just tried to be closer to her to skip the risk of another fainting. She has already felt fainted at the metro station that day!

After my supper I went downstairs to help her and talk a little. Fever wasn´t gone enough to feel confidence on the medicine she has taken, so a put wet rags on her face to keep her brain fresh while we share things and ideas. That personalized care took hours and that touching became more friendly and poised, as I felt the first time I met her. She was an atheistic biologist from England doing some research for the U.K. Her parents were Anglicans and I wanted to show her what I meant for being a Christian, the way I am.

Next day I took her to the public hospital. I convinced her to get some blood for test to see nothing worst in it. While we were waiting for the test results, we heard a voice crying a name and I understood it was hers.

-Kathy Dale!, Kathy Dale!

She guessed her name “Kathy” when heard, but she couldn´t understand “Dale, Dale”, which means “Give him, give him” in Spanish. So I laughed for myself a minute, because I was asking anything from her at the very moment the bioanalyst called her name aloud.

The test was O.K. She wasn´t too bad to die within those days, and she stayed home up to get well.

Few days later she recovered and arranged to go to La Gran Sabana with somebody from FUNDANA. I went with her up to the metro station. She missed two or three wagons when we couldn´t get in because of the packed people. Next time one came by and opened its doors, I pushed her back into it, kissed her parched lips waving good-bye and I saw her no more.

She was too big for me and I wanted to marry a christian woman, but she couldn´t fit my aim as I can´t achieve my goals...

No hay comentarios.: