lunes, mayo 02, 2016

A perfect day


(Another chapter to “That Never happened”)

If I could be granted willfully with the privilege of deciding when I wanted to die, it could have been last Saturday. After calculating the economic cost of my budget, I made up my mind to buy several things I needed another place to finish a bathroom I´m building next to my bedroom. When I got the construction materials I needed, I walked 5 blocks towards the neighborhood where I grew up in. I thought I could be blessed if I finally interacted with acquaintances and few old friends I left behind when I moved away, but that joy was much more than I lightly imagined.

There´s no a real need to relate on those things I shared with the few I really met. I bypassed two or three but, the moment I left one of those I considered a brother, I thought it was a good time to die joyfully. I was surprised his parents were also alive!

That moment I poured out my heart in thanks. Before I left his house, I confirmed by words those feelings I nurtured for years, thanking him for having been my friend, no matter what distance and time had done on him or me, since I will keep seen him as a brother I enjoyed when we were younger… By the way, I also had the chance to tell his mother one childish prejudice he had when he saw me the 1st time, with long hair.

-Mrs Beatriz, he thought I wasn´t a boy I could be trusted. Did you told her about those discriminatory thoughts you had those days?

He laughed, while handing me over a shake of fruits he had just prepared for us. We told her about those biased thoughts he told me when we were good friends who quick used to go camping and mountain scouting.

Yesterday it was a good day to die! 

But some things will never change.

No hay comentarios.: